Saturday, September 15, 2012

LA Kings, not Burger King!

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a swell weekend. I was not only ab;e to get some much needed free time today but I felt like working on a concept and small post! I want to thank everyone for sending in concepts and emails, I just can't find the time right now to respond, or post the concepts. Sorry! I will soon though... I promise. My schedule will definitely clear up in October which means I will be able to devote more time to concepts and the site. Let's get to today's concept...my entry for the HJC "Make the Burger King Logo Look Better" (or something like that) contest.

Los Angeles Kings
I've always been a big fan of the Burger King logo but the logo just (obviously) didn't have the jersey to back it up. HJC's newest competition addresses just that and here is my proposal. I wanted to keep it classic and clean while still keeping it unique to Los Angeles and Kings tradition. I also used the design as a way to reincorporate purple back into the color scheme. That included using it as the base color and changing it to royal purple, which I think represents "Kings" better. The shoulder patch is meant to combine the Gretzky era with the current ear but I was unable to get the colors and format exactly as I wanted. Overall, I'm really happy with how it turned out and I wouldn't mind seeing the Kings add something like this to their current set. As always feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Good job Justin! A few things to consider...
    - Maybe it's just me but I feel the front of the jersey is a little cluttered: size of logo, size of captain's 'C'?
    - The font for the Captain's 'C' seems too rounded compared to the number font
    - I wonder what it would look like in grey or black? The purple in the logo kinda gets washed out by the purple of the jersey

    Don't get me wrong, this is an awesome jersey but I thought I would give you some input

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback, David! As far as your suggestions go...
      - I agree that the front is cluttered and the logo is too big.
      - I also agree about the captain's C but it's also the same one used on the current Kings jerseys so I just kept it.
      - I tried doing both silver and black as well as other color variations but couldn't find any that both looked good and worked on the purple jersey.

      Once again thanks for the suggestions! I may mess around with it a little more for fun to see what I can come up with.

      Delete
  2. Hey Justin

    I just realized that the C may look out of place because its a different colour than the name font... wonder what it would look like in solid white

    Also, I saw some grey concepts on HJC today... and purple was def the way to go

    ReplyDelete