Friday, October 5, 2012

Chicago Blackhawks: In Need of a Third Jersey!

Hello readers, get excited, it's the weekend! Colorado is getting it's first snow if the season so I decided to spend the night in and get some work done as well as a new concept!

When you talk about teams needing a new third jersey, the Blackhawks are always in the conversation. They're always a popular topic for concepts as well. Often a new twist on their Winter Classic jersey, a solid retro uni, or something fresh. My concept pokes at a little bit of everything.

Chicago Blackhawks
The main base of the jersey design is based on the Hawks 2000's black third jersey. Basically a black version of the home/away set. I started off by replacing the classic head logo with the retro circle logo and went from there. I then added the tomahawk alternate logo on top of the arm stripes. This was largely inspired from their 1950's uniforms. I took the concept even further (as well as further outside my comfort zone) and placed the TV numbers on the shoulders, a move I'm still unsure about. The rest is pretty straight forward but I am happy with how it turned out. What do you think?

Tyler Gross also has a few Blackhawks alternate concepts for us.

Chicago Blackhawks (Tyler G.)
At first I wasn't a huge fan of this concept. But... it's really grown on me! The colors, shoulder patches, numbers look great! The only thing that's kind of throwing me off is the primary logo. It does look good here, I just wonder how one of the retro logos would look on here?

 Chicago Blackhawks (Tyler G.)
Another black Hawks jersey. (Get it?) Ha anyways this one has grown on me as well. It's clean, classic, and effective. I wouldn't have a problem if Chicago suited up in these. Tremendous execution as well!


Tyler and I would both love to hear your comments so leave your feedback below. Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by, the Art of Hockey!

1 comment:

  1. Great concept Justin! I would move the TV numbers to their normal position and I would make the captain's "C" like the numbers.

    ReplyDelete